Convictus Ukraine held a round table dedicated to 16 Days of Activism Against Violence campaign in Chernivtsi
Convictus Ukraine together with the Chernivtsi Regional Center of Psychosocial Support held a round table dedicated to the 16 Days of Activism Against Violence international campaign.
The event involved representatives of the Chernivtsi Regional Military Administration, institutions and organizations providing shelter to survivors of violence, National Police (juvenile prevention), and the leading NGOs providing support to those who suffered from violence.
The participants discussed the results of mapping the services in Chernivtsi city and the region, outlined the positive changes and the areas for improvement, exchanged their contact details to continue cooperation and learned about the changes awaiting Ukraine as it starts implementing the Istanbul Convention.
It was decided to:
– draw donors’ attention to the need to provide food and basic necessities in the shelters and centers for survivors of violence;
– encourage local communities, in particular from Vyzhnytsia and Chernivtsi, to apply for the government subventions;
– organize training for actors and stakeholders – not in online, but in face-to-face format and in the places of accommodation/service delivery;
– launch projects to ensure economic security of women in the region;
– consider disseminating information about sexual and reproductive health services for survivors of violence;
– engage heads of local communities and their deputies to take part in study visits to other regions of Ukraine where violence response is well established.