Goal of the activity is to reduce the number of new HIV cases in Kyiv and Kyiv oblast by providing comprehensive prevention and access services to people at risk.
Target audiences: persons who use drugs; persons who provide commercial sex services; close environment of PWUD; close environment of HIV-infected people; vulnerable segments of the population.
Within this activity Convictus Ukraine implements the following programs:
- «HIV prevention and treatment for the efficient epidemic response in Ukraine». It is implemented with the support of the ICF “Alliance of Public Health” (financial support from the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria) in close cooperation with local AIDS Centers, trust cabinets, and local healthcare facilities of Kyiv and Kyiv oblast. The main purpose of the activity is to involve key population representatives in the HIV prevention and treatment services, fostering their safer behavior skills.
- «Mobile clinic»– an effective tool to bring testing services on HIV, hepatitis, STI closer to those who need but do not use them because of the remoteness of their place of residence or reluctance to apply to health care facilities. The mobile clinic includes a multidisciplinary team that provides the following services: testing for HIV, syphilis, hepatitis B, hepatitis C, chlamydia and gonorrhea; accompanying to a health facility in case of a positive test result; counseling on health and safe behavior. It is implemented with the support of the ICF “Alliance of Public Health” (financial support from the Global Fund to fight HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria).
- «Accessible testing».The purpose of the activity is to facilitate wide coverage of key populations with rapid HIV testing, provide comprehensive information on ways of preventing HIV infection and methods of treatment. As part of the activity, information and educational events and outreach tours of the mobile clinic are organized on the territory of Kyiv and Kyiv oblast. Everyone who receives a positive test result for HIV is accompanied to the hospital and provided the necessary assistance to initiate treatment. The project is implemented with the support of AHF Ukraine.
- «Medical and social supportof people living with HIV from among key populations(СІТІ, case management)».The purpose of the activity is to accompany and navigate the clients of prevention programs for the appointment of ART and the successful treatment of HIV infection. Confidentiality is the fundamental principle of case management, which protects against disclosure of information related to the patient’s health status, in particular, information about HIV status, other illnesses, individual behavior or seeking certain services. It is implemented with the support of the ICF “Alliance of Public Health” (financial support of the Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria)
- «Improvement of HIV detection and access to services among people who use injecting drugs in Ukraine». The goal is to expand HIV treatment among people who use injecting drugs and are HIV-positive by effectively detecting HIV cases in the community and providing social support through a case management approach. The program is funded by the ICF “Alliance of Public Health”, with the financial support from the United States Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- «Innovative approaches to the identification of patients with HIV and their involvement in treatment». The aim of the work is to improve the access of people living with HIV and representatives of vulnerable groups to quality HIV prevention and treatment services. Program activities include improving the provision of services through the introduction of innovative approaches at the level of both health care institutions and communities, as well as targeted marketing of essential services and their suppliers. The activities are carried out within the framework of the project “HealthLink: Accelerating efforts to combat HIV/AIDS in Ukraine”, which is implemented by the Network of PLHIV and ICF Alliance for Public Health with financial support from USAID (US Agency for International Development).
Contact person: Anna Martyniuk, Project Manager, email@example.com