Stop TB Partnership Ukraine
“Stop TB Partnership Ukraine” (hereinafter referred to as the Partnership) was established in 2018 as part of the Global Stop TB Partnership in order to provide a fully-fledged and efficient response to the TB epidemic in Ukraine.
Vision of the Partnership: the world where people do not die from TB. Life of our children without TB.
Mission of the Partnership:
- Provide each patient with access to efficient diagnosis and successful treatment;
- Stop the transmission of tuberculosis and the spread of associated illnesses;
- Reduce the social and economic losses caused by TB in Ukraine;
- Prevent discrimination against TB patients and people affected by it;
- Develop and implement new preventive, diagnostic and therapeutic tools and strategies to combat tuberculosis.
Goals of the Partnership:
Overcome the TB epidemic in Ukraine by 2035, as envisaged within the framework of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and the WHO Tuberculosis Strategy;
Achieve the 90–(90)– 90 Goals: Global plan for combating TB of the Stop TB Partnership, which defines 3 new ambitious goals:
– 90% of all people with TB should be diagnosed and receive treatment;
– to cover diagnostics and treatment of at least 90% of the most vulnerable groups, the poor and representatives of the groups at the highest risk of TB infection;
– achieve successful treatment in at least 90% of people who have been diagnosed with any form of TB.
The Partnership activities are implemented with the financial support of PATH and technical assistance of Convictus Ukraine.
Today the Partnership includes 42 organizations, 7 individuals from among the leading physicians, scientists and experts in the field of pulmonology.
Non-governmental, national and local organizations, government agencies, international agencies and projects, associations of trade unions, private/business sectors, religious organizations, individuals who contribute their efforts to overcome the TB epidemic in Ukraine can join the Partnership. To do this, you need to contact the Partner Secretariat at the email address: StopTBUkraine@gmail.com
Contact person: Oksana Mizik, Head of the Secretariat, firstname.lastname@example.org