Teens of Belaya Tserkov learned about the prevention of socially dangerous diseases
The team of the «Adolescents left behind: improving access to the integrated HIV services for the vulnerable adolescents in Ukraine» project carried out a mobile outpatient clinic in Bila Tserkva.
During the event, the following actions (activities) were carried out:
– conducted a survey of adolescents;
– told them about the risks and ways of HIV transmission
– discussed issues of prevention of infection with hepatitis and HIV, the use of condoms.
Svetlana Petrova and Andrei Zinchenko also distributed condoms and informational brochures to teenagers. Teens had the opportunity to make an HIV test.
We remind you that HIV is transmitted:
- during vaginal, oral and anal sex without using a condom;
- through the blood (sharing of non-sterile syringes, injection equipment that violates the integrity of the skin, with the transfusion of infected blood, with piercing, tattoos, manicure, ear piercing)
- from an HIV-positive mother to a baby during pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding.
«Adolescents left behind: improving access to the integrated HIV services for the vulnerable adolescents in Ukraine». It is implemented in cooperation with the AIDS Foundation East-West (AFEW-Ukraine) and the ICF “Alliance of Public Health”, with the financial support of the Foundation “French International Expertise 5% Initiative”. The goal of the project is to establish interaction between local public and non-governmental organizations regarding the needs of adolescents and youths from key populations and to promote the interests of the target group at the local level by creating a service map for teenagers and young people in the city of Kyiv and Kyiv oblast.