The first meeting of the Coordination Council on Preventing and Combating Domestic Violence, Gender-Based Violence, Human Trafficking, and Gender Equality
On November 17, the first meeting of the Coordination Council on Preventing and Combating Domestic Violence, Gender-Based Violence, Human Trafficking, and Gender Equality was held in Kyiv Regional Military Administration.
In this Council, Convictus Ukraine is represented by Natalia Reshetova, who founded and headed the first shelter for the survivors of violence in the Kyiv region and who is now the local coordinator of the Wings Project.
Natalia presented the activities of Convictus Ukraine in preventing and combating violence in the Kyiv region:
– providing technical assistance (furniture, equipment, textile, hygiene items, food products, etc.) for the facilities supporting the survivors of violence;
– expanding the number of beds (+30) in one shelter based in Rzhyshiv in the Kyiv region (with the support of Alliance for Public Health);
– supporting the activities of case managers on gender-based violence in four shelters for survivors in the Kyiv region (with the support of the Medical Corps);
– providing services to vulnerable women, including survivors of violence, to improve their economic security (group and individual activities, employment and self-employment workshops, community activities) (with support of Pact Ukraine and the Wings Project);
– implementing the SOS Children Program supporting families with children affected by the war. The services include humanitarian, psychological, and self-employment support. One of the target audiences is women who are survivors of violence (with the support of SOS Children’s Villages Ukraine).
We would like to thank the Service for Children and Family of the Kyiv Regional Military Administration, Kyiv Regional Center of Social and Psychological Support, and especially Iryna Antoshko and Vasyl Humeniuk for their cooperation, support, joint plans, and activities to address violence in the Kyiv region.